Faces of Tomorrow provides medical treatment to an underserved population of children, youth, and adults who might otherwise not receive the benefit of surgical treatments for their cleft lip or cleft palate – thanks to the dedication and commitment of our team and generous help of our supporters, partners and individual donors.
Recent News and Updates:
- Fore for Faces Golf Tournament, Dinner, and Casino Night Registration is OPEN!!! - Please join us for the 8th Annual Fore for Faces Event on Friday, October 23, 2015. After a day spent on the championship course at El Macero Country Club in Davis, CA we’ll have dinner and view a beautiful documentary of last year’s January Mission. We’ll also have a silent and live auctions, and finish off with casino night! We have lots of great items up for bid including the chance to join us on a future trip.
- A Wedding Gift That Lasts a Lifetime - When Christine O’Hare and Greg Rogalski planned their wedding they requested their guests make donations to charities they chose in lieu of gifts. Faces of Tomorrow was incredibly grateful to be one of the charities they chose. Christine’s mother, Charlotte Lucero, has been a part of Faces of Tomorrow since the beginning as one of the board members. Charlotte goes on missions as the team’s social worker, and among her many jobs, works with the local resources to get patients and their families to the hospitals for surgery.
- March 2015 Mission - March 2015 Mission: Legazpi, Philippines Background: Legazpi, Philippines is a small town that radiates with character. Specifically, the sight of children playing basketball on a makeshift court (repurposed tree stumps acting as the pole on which sagging hoops hung) or Tuk-Tuks (moped taxis) and Jeepneys (bus taxis) that were vividly painted in all colors of the spectrum were but a mere sliver of its personality.
- Young Philanthropists - Going to a hospital and undergoing surgery is a scary undertaking for anyone. During our missions it’s always nice to be able to present toys, clothes, blankets, coloring books, and other comfort items for patients to help pass the time before and after their procedures. Faces of Tomorrow is fortunate to have young people help their counterparts halfway around the world by holding toy drives.
- Cavite Teaser - An intimate portrait of the children and adults of Cavite suffering from facial deformities and the team behind their overture into a “normal” life.
- January 2015 Mission - After three airline schedule changes and a fairly turbulent 14+ hour flight, the FOT 2015 team arrived safely in Manila just ahead of Typhoon Amang.
- 1st Annual Bowling for Brighter Smiles – Saturday, February 7th - A huge thanks to our amazing volunteers Grace, Nurse Simone, Nurse Kristi, Gail (2013 Team FOT Auction Winner), Lori and their team for all their hard work putting together the 1st Annual Bowling for Brighter Smiles. They set a goal of $25K and have well surpassed that! Thank you to this amazing team and their supporters for helping Faces of Tomorrow raise money.
- Found In A Tire – Bernard - Hi family and friends- this is a story to be told: we have a patient named Bernard, he is a six years old boy about three feet tall, full of life, loves playing with cell phones, reaching into pockets (trying to help himself) – he’s curious to see the pictures that are being taken of him; we all can’t wait until he sees a photo after surgery. He is an amazing little boy, with a curious nature. We grew to love this little guy in the first few hours of meeting him. He has stolen hearts in so many different ways.